Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I survived my first week back at work!

6 week anniversary tomorrow, by the way!
So last Monday I started the 9-5 once again, not too bad....just tired for the most part, not used to waking up so early. I had a bout of some intense nausea last Tuesday morning, I think it was because of a mixture of eating a lot of dairy the night before (strawberry shake, yogurt), steamy shower in the morning, and not enough sleep. Lately, in the morning I still feel a bit nauseas, nothing serious but just enough to be annoying, so I take showers at night now, and I'm starting to eat a bit more since I wake up earlier and am awake for longer, so I think I'm "eating" too much (which is not a lot) which makes my tummy hurt!
This is my face as of last Friday....

Yea...kinda dark...I'm working with a camera phone though, so bare with me. I'll post more pics of my progress weekly with a real camera now that I don't have to go back to my oral surgeon for 4 (yes, FOUR) MONTHS! crazy right? wait...I'm getting ahead of my appts. here, so yesterday was the first time since I've seen my orthodontist since my surgery...bascially I was there for 10 min. all he did was add another rubberband in a triangular form (one rubberband attached to one hook on top and two hooks on the bottom) on the right side. He liked how my mouth was looking, we chatted for a few and I was on my merry way. He said he didn't want to tighten or make any adjustments because my bones are still healing etc. and that would just add more discomfort...and I was fine with that! So when I see him in Oct. he will start working his magic.


Today I had an appt. with my oral surgeon who I haven't seen for 2.5 weeks now (the longest I've gone w/out seeing my grampy surgeon) I showed him my newly added rubberband and he said that's fine, and my ortho would be taking care of my rubberbands and adjustments from here on out. I did a couple of open and bites, he thought things also looked well. He then asked me how my chewing was coming...and I was all like "what chewing?!? I'm starving..scrambled eggs everyday is not cutting it!" (p.s. as of this morning I am 153 lbs, according to my calculations that is a loss of 14.5 lbs in 6 weeks) so anyways, he's all like I want you to start chewing soft foods now and in 3-4 weeks start getting into the other foods. **ahhhhhh** (angel voices) so that's pretty great news..well kind of...so now I'm thinking well what should I eat? what is soft? .....pasta.....I'm already eating pasta...now I get to chew it instead of swallow it. So then my excitement went down a bit, but I just thought how this is good for my muscles...it's steps to chewing the real deal :) but THEN my excitement went up again because I was like heyyyy..french toast is soft! which lead me to think of grilled cheese, which lead me to think of pizza bread.....so I'm all about the carbs for now, basically..actually I've been that way..everything I have been eating has a lot of carbs in it....baby food is a big one. so that's my great news :) yayyy food! I had an uncrustable pb&j today...I'm able to eat that with out chewing, so toward the end I tried to chew it...very weird...something to get used to for sure. It will probably be easier without rubberbands in, but I was at my desk at work...I didn't want to make a big fuss over something I could eat without chewing it, and I have no idea how good of a chewer I am, I don't want to look like a cave woman who just discovered....well...semi-solid food! So after some practice, and assurance that I won't choke, I'll start chewing in public.
and then the doc. said, as I was saying before, "I'll see you in 4 months" so December is my next check up...kinda cool, that means things are really going well!


hmm...what else....
-the oil on my face has decreased in production. awesome.
-I've been off meds for about 2 weeks now. trooper.
-I bought every flavor of yoplait yogurt from those commercials that are all like mmmm boston creme pie etc. so I try a new one every day....red velvet cake, apple turnover, white chocolate strawberry are winners.
-the right side of my face....still ehhhh numb and stiff.
-still a bit swollen....obviously.
-everytime I go to the surgeons office, there is always a different tech. person, and they all think I'm under 18. (I'm 23) I was even carded to cash my winning scratch off lottery tickets.
-I made my own oreo pie, at Jewel they have Oreo pie crust and Oreo Jello....Bakers Square Oreo pie takes the cake.....or the pie...hehe.

that is all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment