Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2, 3, 4, 5 !!

Hello Hello Hello!! Sorry it's been so long since I've wrote...I've been busy with drooling, sleeping, trying to eat, trying to burp...I'm basically your standard infant.



so where did I leave off...



After the the Docs. rubber banded me I was basically wired shut again. I also had this head wrap thing on after surgery that they took off too. Rachele helped give me a bath which I thought would be awkward but I guess when you have surgery on your face and you feel like shit, you just don't care. My Dad came around lunch time, right when I got my lunch...jello on the side, he ate it this time. I spent most of the day in my bed watching Home Improvement on my green T.V. Michele came a little later and brought marguarita's with her. She doesn't get to go out much because of her children, so any opportunity to drink, she takes...haha kidding (kind of). My parents left and Nichole came...so it was the 4 sisters getting trashed in my hospital room. No, I didn't drink - I did not want to throw up again. Michele painted my finger nails then Nichole and Michele each had one of my feet and gave me a 20 min. foot massage...it was pretty great and Rachele was really jealous and voiced that she wanted jaw surgery. Michele and Nichole left around 10. Around 2 am I had to go to the bathroom, 30 min. later my nurse came to give me meds, 30 min. after that my IV bag was beeping, 30 min. later the nurse came to make it stop, and hour later it was beeping again because it was empty and she came back to turn it off and unhook me from it. Then at 6 am Dr. Fullmer came to check on me and soon after that the cafeteria person came to drop off my "breakfast". so Rach and I didn't get too much sleep. My mom came around 9 then we left the hospital around 2...I was going home--yay!

My Dad picked us up and I was getting car sick so I closed my eyes most of the way. We stopped at CVS to get my meds then when we got to my house I passed out for a few hours. When I woke up I smelled this amazing smell from the kitchen. I looked at my computer and saw a menu for Hooters was open. Tony brought it over after work. They tried to hide it from me..but that didn't work out. Nichole and Clare came over later. Clare wasn't too scared of my crazy face. She made me a bracelet too. We played some sharades then Clare was trying to roll her tongue or something and then everyone was showing what they could do with their tongues, then my mom leans over and looks at me like its my turn.........and all I could do was stare at her blankly.

Saturday I went to Bed Bath and Beyond with Rachele...my first outing! I didn't get too many scared stares. Just going to the store and back was enough to make me tired. I haven't even really been on facebook that's how much energy I don't have..it's crazy. Michele came by later and said "The Dr. is in" and she was holding this life size card board cut out of Edward Cullen....I was laughing as best I could. So now I have Edward staring at me everyday, not so bad. Felicity came a little later and was pretty amused with my situation. She did say "I'm sorry you can't talk Auntie Lauren, but you write down what you need and we will get it for you" then she would draw a picture and tell me to say "Wow" and I would just try and mumble the words "I can't" and she would pause and be like "oh yea, hahaha", then after dinner she said, "You can't eat and I can because I don't have braces or surgery, so you can't eat -- sucks right?" She's right...it does suck!

Sunday my friend Ashley came over. My first friend to see my new face! She pretended not to be scared. Michele came over and made me this banana chocolate peanutbutter shake. All I've been drinking is basically Chocolate Boost, Water, Apple Juice. So I wasn't too excited about this shake, it wasn't bad, but it's just the same thing a little different.

Monday I woke up with horrible horrible indegestion..because most of what I'm drinking is apple juice. I was also really really weak and in a lot of pain and at my peak swelling. Not a good morning at all. Rachele called the doc. about indegestion and he said I could just take pepto. It has been helping a little but it's still there. and I haven't been drinking enough fluids thats why I was feeling so weak and the doc says I better drink enough or he'll have to stick a tube up my nose. It is just so hard "eating" the same thing. I started drinking Vanilla Ensure too, and now I want to stay away from fruit drinks because of the indegestion. So since I don't want a tube up my nose I just keep drinking as much Boost and Ensure as I can because it's the most filling. I had some cream of chicken minus the chicken too. I'm just eating to not pass out at this point. I can't worry about the flavor. My mom put some baby food in a syringe to see if that would work but it just got stuck in my cheek...too thick. So I'm hoping at my appt. on Wednesday my splint will come out so I'll have more eating room....more eating room equals more eating options.

Basically it's been a rough first 5 days. I take meds every 4 hours, I'm supposed to eat every 2, most of the time my energy is low, my face is still pretty swollen and very sore, I'm always tired, but I'm hanging in there! so sorry I haven't been updating this daily, it's harder than I thought. my Family has been such a great help too :) love you all....posting pics now...eeks!

2 comments:

  1. lol I wasn't scared!! It actually didn't look as bad as I initially imagined! haha

    However, I was in shock that you couldn't speak! You should have warned me! haha

    How are you able to brush your teeth?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I would love to have sisters like that. You are very blessed to have such a great family.

    Feel better.
    June

    ReplyDelete