Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What a great day!

Today I had my first doc. appt. since my surgery! The doc. said I don't have as much swelling as expected and I'm the first person in his entire career to cut their wires! I ruined his streak....oops!

So he took my splint out...which was all brown from all the chocolate Boost I've been drinking...gross. and he re-rubberbanded me in a not so tight way, so I have more movement and I can TALK! not the greatest but I can still talk..no more humming my way through conversations. My jaw feels super weird now that I'm able to move it a bit. I'm supposed to practice moving it up and down. I have 2 rubber bands right in the front middle that I can remove when I eat, but have to replace right when I'm done. Which means.....get ready for it........I can eat MASHED POTATOES!! yaya!! and I did and it was a success...soooo good, never been happier eating mashed potatoes. I also had some yogurt and macaroni & cheese- 1 noodle at a time. I can't have anything I need to chew, so it's babyfood and pudding for now. I'm glad I can eat more than chocolate boost every meal though...whoot whoot!

The doc. also took the stiches out, they are all bandaged up now. The right side of my face is pretty numb still, my left side moves a lot better. When I go to raise my eyebrows only my left eyebrow does and when I got to smile only my left side smiles! and my lips are unporportionly huge..along with my cheeks. Rachele and I decided that I look like Angelica Pickles from the Rugrats. We tried to take a picture but you can't really get the full effect.

My next doc. appt. is Friday, he has to add more hooks on my braces to add more rubber bands. The rubber bands help guide my jaw into the correct position. I honestly feel like if they weren't there my jaw would just fall off. It's going to take a while before I get used to my "new" jaw. I just hope I get the right side of my face back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment